[MPlayer-users] Is it frame based decode for MPlayer

boku boku0712 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:25:30 CET 2007

Hi, all,
    I studied the MPlayer's decode process and have the following questions:
1. update_video() in mplayer.c is the major entry point to decode process,
right?
2. Is it frame based to do the update_video()? ie. does it decode frame by
frame?
3. Where or which data struct stores the output frame after decode?
4. This maybe out of the scope of MPlayer. But I wonder if there's any tool
for analyzing into the bitstream such as which bit or byte represents which
kindf of meaning at ES or AVI or MPG files?
Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
boku