[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 39

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Nov 15 17:24:20 CET 2007

Pedro A ARANDA <paaguti <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> SVN version 25045
> -vo x11
>
> both AVI files and MPEG TS are played OK, the APID and VPID in the MPEG TS
stream are recognised correctly and
> the OSD works fine

IMO, this indicates that your computer is not too slow to play the content (I
assume you use the same source below - hard to tell without command line and
output.)

> -vo xv
> -vo gl
> -vo gl2
> -vo gl:yuv=5:glfinish:lscale=2

Different vo's perform differently on different computer setups: For me (Nvidia
GeForce4MX, linux binary drivers), xv is clearly fastest, for other people, gl
is faster with the settings you use.

> MPEG TS: Mplayer freezes

Are you sure you did make distclean before testing?
You probably have to find the correct (fast) vo before your problems can be
fixed (x11 is expected to be much slower than gl and xv).

As a sidenote: I hope you agree that your mail describes a very different
problem than what you originally posted?

Carl Eugen

PS: Try http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user to post if you have
troubles not to break threads.