[MPlayer-users] Is there any way I can point mplayer directly to an IP address + port?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 22 22:34:44 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 03:56:13PM -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> Occasionally I use a web browser + the mplayer plugin to play a radio
> stream.
>
> The problem is that some sites give you a hard time finding the actual
> url of the stream you are playing.

Huh? You haven't seen "a hard time" yet...
You simply have an URL like
http://viphttp.yacast.fr/V4/player_radiofrance/index.html?id=fmusique
the part after id= is used to load an js file:
http://viphttp.yacast.fr/V4/player_radiofrance/fmusique.js
(none of the code for either of these steps is really obfuscated or
anything)
which in turn references
http://viphttp.yacast.fr/V4/player_radiofrance/fmusique.asx
which you can either play with -playlist or you extract the url:
mms://viptvr.yacast.net/tvr_francemusiques2

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger