[MPlayer-users] Small green border with MPlayer 1.0rc2

Peter Leese (Lineone) peterleese at lineone.net
Fri Nov 30 00:11:59 CET 2007

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:10:59 +0200
whocarez at web.de (Andreas Stein) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> wanted to change to the new MPlayer 1.0rc2, but I've got a problem while
> playing videos.
> Everytime I start a video, there is a small green border on the right
> side in window mode and also in full screen mode. First I thought it is
> connected with the on the homepage annotated change to "square pixels",
> but the use of the option "-monitoraspect 4:3" brought no improvement.
> I played a little with the aspect parameters, but couldn't find the
> right parameter. Btw. I use a LCD monitor with an aspect of 5:4 (LG
> L1960TR) on DVI connector.
> My system is a PIII 1GhZ, Radeon 9200 PRO (RV280), Debian Etch 4.0,

I also had a similar problem with this card which I traced to Xinerama
being enabled. I have also a on-board graphics card (rage??) which I
dont use (or config in xorg.conf) - not sure if this was the cause
of the problem. Anyway although I've only configured one screen
(in xorg.conf), it looks like Xorg (1.3.0) thinks I have 2 and since I
dont configure the second I assume it has some bad defaults(?)
which was causing mplayer also sorts of problems with alignment of the
video in the mplayer window (result green strips). I have just fixed it
by rebuilding mplayer passing --disable-xinerama to ./configure.
Hope this helps your problem?

> Kernel 2.20.15 with dri and radeonfb, XOrg 7.1.1 uses xv and glx, tried
> fglrx (8.28.8) and the free radeon driver, mplayer is self compiled
> with no special parameters
> (./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc) and uses the
> radeon-xvidix output.
> With the "old" Mplayer 1.0rc1 everything is ok, without and with the
> parameter "-monitoraspect 5:4".
> It would help, if I could make the background "black" and not "green",
> as it is only a small green edge and disturbing me because of it's
> colour.

regards Peter