[MPlayer-users] for John Brown, HG << (HELLP!) Need MPLAYER Windows Expert To Look At This

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:26:34 CET 2007

Sara Glade <saraglade <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> That 'make_output.txt 2>&1' command failed, it returned:
>
> sh: make_output.txt: command not found

That should be:

make > make_output.txt 2>&1

I realize that what I originally typed may not have been clear.
Sorry about that.

As the other poster pointed out, your main problem right now
is that your MinGW version is too old.

I would recommend that you not try to install gcc 4.x because:

1) It's not official. If you run into any problems, the
   developers for this and other projects may tell you that
   it is not supported. Having said that, I can build
   MPlayer with gcc 4.x, but ffplay (part of ffmpeg, another
   project) does not work. I can build ffmpeg properly with
   gcc 3.x.
2) There is no installer for gcc 4.x. It's not *that*
   hard to do it without an installer. After all, if you
   successfully un-tarred all of those libraries, you could
   do the same for gcc. Still, while you are struggling, it
   is best to keep things simple, so use the installer will
   install the current stable 3.x version of gcc.