[MPlayer-users] overriding built-in codecs in codecs.conf

Mon Oct 1 16:24:33 CEST 2007

Hi Mohammed El-Afifi!

 On 2007.10.01 at 06:57:25 -0700, Mohammed El-Afifi wrote next:

> Fine, I finally got the source package of mplayer. extracted
> codecs.conf from it and modified it to reference .sipr.so instead of
> sipr.so.6.0, and put the file in ~/.mplayer. It now works fine.
> Thank you all for all your contributions.

Instead of touching codecs.conf, create symlink for that library.
MPlayer will start ignoring your copy of codecs.conf on the next update
(for a reason: newer versions of mplayer will include more codecs, so
it'll just ignore old codecs.conf files in system, preferring internal
one to them).

--

Vladimir