[MPlayer-users] Problem Playing FLV Files

Colin cjk00uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 18:21:35 CEST 2007

Just to advise I fixed the problem by adding an extra switch: -vo directx:noaccel to turn of directx acceleration...works fine now.

It just worries me that ALL files would show the symptons as described if directx is the problem.

I'm wondering if it could be a bug in just FLV playback...would it be worth reporting I wonder?

Colin

Originaly posting on 29th September:-

Hello,

I'm a new to Mplayer and am having a problem with FLV files.

When I play them I get what I can only describe as a 'Vertical (and Transparent Greeny coloured) Stripe' running down the centre of the screen. It's as though the pictures corrupted in some way.

If I play the same files on Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player with ffdshow and FLVSplitter.ax they work perfectly.

I think I might be missing something in Mplayers setup.

I'm using the latest Windows build downloaded from the official website together with the MPUI front end to get around using all the switches. The codecs I put in the Mplayer folder (in their own codecs folder) which I think is correct way to go and I amended slightly the switch parameters in MPUI to -stereo 0 -sws 2 -af volnorm=2 which I think is all I should need as I'm using a laptop with straight forward stereo sound. OS is XP Pro SP2, but I don't think that's important here.

I like Mplayer as it's using minimal resourcse compared to the other two players mentioned and I'm thinking of making it my default player but obviously I'd like to sort out this FLV glitch first.

Anybody have an idea as to what might be going on please.