[MPlayer-users] dumpstream and slave

Michael Crider mecrider at criderpublishing.com
Tue Oct 2 12:56:49 CEST 2007

I recently came across info on the slave option, and was excited about
using this with a fifo to control the duration of dumpstream operations
when recording from live streams.  However, I have tested with both
1.0rc1 (as shipped with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn) and the latest SVN. When
listening to the stream, slave mode works great - I issue the quit
command and mplayer ends. When dumpstream is being used, slave commands
are totally ignored. Is this intentional, or a bug that could be fixed,
or am I doing something wrong?

Michael