[MPlayer-users] dumpstream and slave

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 2 14:33:10 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 05:56:49AM -0500, Michael Crider wrote:
> I recently came across info on the slave option, and was excited about
> using this with a fifo to control the duration of dumpstream operations
> when recording from live streams.  However, I have tested with both
> 1.0rc1 (as shipped with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn) and the latest SVN. When
> listening to the stream, slave mode works great - I issue the quit
> command and mplayer ends. When dumpstream is being used, slave commands
> are totally ignored. Is this intentional, or a bug that could be fixed,
> or am I doing something wrong?

There is no user interface code at all running in dumpstream mode. There
also isn't really much point in it, the only really meaningful thing you
can do is cancel it, and that can be done by simply killing MPlayer...
Also note that -dump* was intended mostly as a debugging feature...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger