[MPlayer-users] Proposed MPlayer MinGW howto Update (Needs review)

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:57:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

Nicolas Hesler wanted MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt updated. Probably should
have asked in MPlayer-users instead of mencoder-users.

Since nobody else responded, I've decided to write an updated howto. It
is not complete yet, see the todo list.

Those who are interested, please review. This is a major rewrite, based
on the old FAQ. Hopefully I won't get flamed for rewriting it.

The text is already processed by expand, so it should not contain any tabs.

TODO:
0. Is msysDTK still needed?
1. FAQs
2. Useful Links
3. Binary Codecs
4. dvdnav + libdvdread + libdvdcss
5. libcdio

I have no idea what to write for the FAQ, any questions? Should I
suggest installing GDB as well?

Changes:
Major rewrite, removed unneeded dx7headers, updated libs and
links, based on Stefan Gürtler's howto.