[MPlayer-users] Tracking bug fixes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 26 23:02:33 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 07:50:39PM +0200, Francois Visagie wrote:
[...]
> If I do decide to try becoming a non-software engineer MPlayer
> compiler, which of Cygwin or Mingw32 would be more straight-forward to
> install and get compiling?

In addition to the other, somewhat vague comment ;-):
MinGW (with MSYS) IMO is much simpler if you don't need any extra
libraries. Cygwin is somewhat "messy" esp. if you do not want to depend
on that cygwin dll, but it has a large repository if additional
libraries and they are easy install.
I once create a bundle of stuff that you just had to extract into the
MPlayer source dir and you would get all libs you need for a MPlayer
compile and a script to call configure with the right options for MinGW,
which really would make it almost a one-step process, but unfortunately
it is heavily outdated (and thus does not work) and I so far didn't get
around to update it:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/mpl_mingw32.zip