[MPlayer-users] audio LAVC,couldn't find encoder for codec MP3

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sun Oct 28 21:04:02 CET 2007

Le dimanche 28 octobre 2007, 05:48:56 ou environ John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> a écrit:

> > Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:36:02 +0100
>

> > OK, I found the man page. I am using r24857 (two days ago). And
> > libmp3lame exists well. BUT Mencoder still does not find it!
>
> libmp3lame is part of lame, not twolame. You original post said that
> configure was OK because it found twolame, but apparently it did not
> find lame. You can confirm that by running:
>
> mencoder -oac help
>
> On my system (r24844), the result is:
> Available codecs:
>    copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding (useful for AC3)
>    pcm      - uncompressed PCM audio
>    mp3lame  - cbr/abr/vbr MP3 using libmp3lame
>    lavc     - FFmpeg audio encoder (MP2, AC3, ...)
>    twolame  - Twolame MP2 audio encoder
>    faac     - FAAC AAC audio encoder
>
> If you do not see mp3lame, then it was not found by configure.
> You said that you installed lame, but did you install the development
> package for lame?

OK, I checked:

1) mencoder -oac help

	copy
	pcm
	lavc
	twolame

No mp3lame. Thus I checked further:

locate libmp3lame: all libraries present in /usr/lib/ I reinstalled lame
lame-extra liblame-dev liblame0. According to Debian/apt-get they were
already installed (really?).

I reinstalled the latest SVN version (of today). mp3lame is now present.

I made a first mistake (because of Krysztof who typed libmp3lame). I
type mp3liblame instead of mp3lame after lavcopts.  No problem, mencoder
did not react with the spelling fault, except that I have sync
problems: "Badly interleaved AVI files detected -switching to -ni mode".
I checked and discovered my spelling fault. Everything is working fine
now.

I still don't understand why the first compilations did not work. The
only thing I did was remove the mplayer file that was installed by
Debian Etch in /usr/lib (buggy). I always typed /usr/local/bin/mplayer
mencoder.

Thanks for your help.

> Another poster asked you if libmp3lame was detected, but you did
> not respond to that.

Which poster?

--
Alain Barthélemy