[MPlayer-users] audio LAVC,couldn't find encoder for codec MP3

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 21:02:38 CET 2007

> I made a first mistake (because of Krysztof who typed libmp3lame). I
> type mp3liblame instead of mp3lame after lavcopts

The manpage says as touching using lavcopts:

acodec=<value>

libmp3lame
MPEG-1 audio layer 3 (MP3)  - using LAME

The proper format, according to the manual, should be -lavcopts
acodec=libmp3lame

If that doesn't work, the manual should be updated.

You should also be able to use the following:

mencoder dvd://1 -oac mp3lame