[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and DTS 5.1 (surround)

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Sep 14 20:56:06 CEST 2007

Giacomo Comes wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 11:17:18PM +0530, deepak wrote:
>> It is DTS 5.1, but mplayer is downmixing it to 2ch
>
> If you have a soundcard with 6 speakers, you need to pass the options
> -channels 6 -af channels=6
> in order to have a 6 channels output.
>
> Giacomo

On my System though, I have to additionally specify the correct alsa
channel. Only one (0,1) accepts 6 channel input, the other two (0,0 and
0,2) accept only 2 channel input, and play the 6 channel input at 1/3rd
speed, as always three channels get sequentially mixed into one

in addition to -channels 6 -af channels=6 try -ao alsa:device=0.0 or 0.1
or 0.2 (IIRC the syntax, don't have access to my machine right now).

--
cheers,
Alex