[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and DTS 5.1 (surround)

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Sep 14 21:04:24 CEST 2007

L'octidi 28 fructidor, an CCXV, Alexander Roalter a écrit :
> On my System though, I have to additionally specify the correct alsa
> channel. Only one (0,1) accepts 6 channel input, the other two (0,0 and
> 0,2) accept only 2 channel input, and play the 6 channel input at 1/3rd
> speed, as always three channels get sequentially mixed into one
>
> in addition to -channels 6 -af channels=6 try -ao alsa:device=0.0 or 0.1
> or 0.2 (IIRC the syntax, don't have access to my machine right now).

By default, mplayer tries to open the device "default" for 2 channels, and
the device "surround51" for 6 channels (with a fallback to "default").
Therefore, you just have to set up your .asoundrc so that surround51 points
to hw:0.1.

On the other hand, I do not see the need for -af channels=6: on my system,
everything is fine without it.