[MPlayer-users] problem accessing BBC news site with mplayer plugin for Firefox

Bob Weeks bweeks44 at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 1 22:30:16 CEST 2008

Kevin,

Thanks for clarifying this for me. Sorry I posted to the wrong
project/application, and from what you say, I guess I won't trouble the
folks at the other project, since it's being decommissioned.

I had figured out the BBC has (at least) two sets of data and the
problem I reported was definitely coming from the International site.
But thanks for mentioning it.

You said (from below):

 > Also, mplayerplug-in is being decommissioned and being replaced with
 > gecko-mediaplayer/gnome-mplayer. Those apps will just about everything
 > at the BBC even in real player mode.

I hope there's a word missing there between "will" and "just",  like
"handle" or "display" !!!

I'll try to figure out how where to monitor announcements about the
gecko-mediaplayer/gnome-mplayer project.

I'm much obliged to you.

Bob Weeks.