[MPlayer-users] how to position fbdev output

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Thu Apr 3 19:16:45 CEST 2008

Hi,
I'm watching video with output device fbdev. The video is always
positioned in the left upper corner of the screen. Does anyone know how
to specify a location within the framebuffer to place the video in
(something similar to "-geometry")?

Here some background information: There's no proper X driver for my
graphics card so I can only use "x11", "dga" or "fbdev" as video output.
x11 requires considerably more CPU power than do dga or fbdev, which is
why I don't want to use x11.
I want to display more than one video simultaneously which means I need
to be able to change the position of the video, which I wasn't able to
do with neither dga nor fbdev. Also I believe I've read somewhere on the
net, that by definition I cannot open two instances of mplayer using
both dga. Which leaves me with fbdev. Apart from not being able to
position the video the displaying works fine.

Any hints?
Best regards
Stefan