[MPlayer-users] MPlayer OS X and the Apple Remote

Erik Hunger lanir at cisns.net
Sun Apr 27 03:06:50 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:26:13PM -0400, Robert Gutendorf wrote:

> I downloaded the RC2 version from http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18580

Oh. Well that's a bit different. Sorry.

> I am able to run the mplayer command passing a video to it without a problem
> using:
> /Applications/Local/MPlayer\OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_intel.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
> somevideo.avi
> It just doesn't let me use the apple remote.
>
> So I followed Guillaume's suggestion and downloaded the latest SVN from
> http://www.haque.net/software/mplayer/mplayerosx/builds/
>
> Downloaded, installed OK, when I try to open a video  I receive this
> message.
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

If your system is like min and has the default X11 from Apple installed
then you're just off by a directory name. Make a symlink from /usr/X11 to
/usr/X11R6 and it should work. I don't know what to say about the apple
remote though. That's a compile time option and I'm not familiar with that
particular package.