[MPlayer-users] subtitles stop in playback after 25350

Max Becker maxbecker at rocketmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:39:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been using mplayer and mencoder for some years now, but the last couple of months it got me puzzled (and the wife annoyed) by some trouble with the subtitles.

After some minutes into a movie the subtitles just stop showing. Pressing "j" or skipping forth/back solves it for a couple of minutes, but they keep disappearing over and over again. Now I found this thread from the CVS-mailinglist that exactly describes the problem:

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.comp.video.mplayer.cvs&article=8370

Unfortunately I have to confirm, that downgrading to before SVN revision 25350 really solves the problem.

Now my actual question: Is there still need for example files and is somebody actually looking into it?

If so, please let me know and I'll happily help. My C is a bit too rusty to fix it myself and try getting it back into the tree. But if I can be of use by contributing a file, please ask.

Thanks,
Max