[MPlayer-users] Problems with aspect ratio when using xv and -wid option

peng tian tianpeng83 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 06:54:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

  I'm using mplayer in slave mode as a backend of my media center.
In order to use hardware scaling I prefer Xv as the video output driver.
I also use -wid in the command line to specify an existing window to display
videos.
The problem is, whatever I play, the video always fills the window and the
real aspect ratio is ignored.

I also want to change the ratio between 4:3 and 16:9.
I use "switch_ratio" in slave mode but it doesn't work at all.
I tried lots of options and commands but none of them works.

when i use "-vo x11 -zoom -wid 0xxxx..." all the problems are gone but it's
not hardware scaling.
Is it possible to change the aspect ratio without resizing the window when
 using xv and -wid option (just like "-vo x11 -zoom")?