[MPlayer-users] video copied from security camera doesn't playback

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Dec 4 08:37:46 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:26:45PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> I heard other people talking this software violates GPL by some means.
> Is it true? I never had downloaded the software with source code option.

If they include ffdshow they would have had to provide you with an offer
for the source of it, but it seems they handle their files with separate
filters so it won't help you (and chances are high that they just used
one of the pre-built ffdshow binaries - this does not free them from
having to offer source and keeping a copy of it themselves, since IMO
calling this non-commercial distribution would be a stretch, but that
doesn't really help you.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger