[MPlayer-users] video copied from security camera doesn't playback

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 23:56:24 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:26:45PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>> I heard other people talking this software violates GPL by some means.
>> Is it true? I never had downloaded the software with source code option.
>
> If they include ffdshow they would have had to provide you with an offer
> for the source of it, but it seems they handle their files with separate
> filters so it won't help you (and chances are high that they just used
> one of the pre-built ffdshow binaries - this does not free them from
> having to offer source and keeping a copy of it themselves, since IMO
> calling this non-commercial distribution would be a stretch, but that
> doesn't really help you.

Well since I highly doubt Corecodec has granted them a license to
distribute CoreAVC for free, I suspect they just don't care and are
rampantly violating copyright, since Chinese companies, in my
experience, couldn't care less about intellectual property anyways.

Dark Shikari