[MPlayer-users] Request for MPLAYER development assistance (this is for money)

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Feb 7 22:05:35 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:26:06AM -0600, DAVE wrote:
> I basically estimate a very savvy good programmer may take
> a few fortnights to finish the project, depending on skill
> level and knowledge of this platform.  If you can do it in
> a couple days then perfect!  This will not be a HUGE
> project, ... but it does have some detail to it.
>
> The amount I can pay will be in the hundreds of dollars.
> I pay in cash, and can work out details with you once we
> get things moving.

Do you really expect to find someone with such smaller offerings? A
few hundred dollars would be fine for a 1- or 2-day project, but I
don't think you'll find anyone willing to code for less than minimum
wage...

(Hint: 2 weeks of coding at just 5 days a week and 10 hours a day
would be 100 hours of work. "Hundreds of dollars" doesn't seem so good
anymore does it?)

Also you should make it clear up front that you understand the GPL,
since surely no one wants to help you infringe on it. The way you're
acting so secretive about what the project actually is makes it sound
like you have some commercial motive which might or might not be
compatible with the GPL.

Rich