[MPlayer-users] save into divx?

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:31:40 CET 2008

I have some .avi files with the subtitles .srt files and i was told how to
save into a new .avi file with the subtitles attached, the command i was told
was this:
mencoder foo.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -sub foo.srt -subcp
iso-8859-15 -font /usr/share/fonts/TTF/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf -subfont-text-scale
3 -o foo_new.avi

but like this isnt saving with the same video format as the original since the
original was XVID and now the new ones are FMP4.

The problem is that i need to save into a new file with the subtiles but to a
format that my dvd player can support, and that can be divx or mpeg4.

Any help?
--
Zé
Linux user #378762