[MPlayer-users] Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

yh jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:22:38 CET 2008

On 2008-02-24 01:19+0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>On Sunday, 24 February 2008 at 11:43, yh wrote:

>> >Why would it be? It's something that comes with your distribution.
>> >yum install libXv-devel
>> >(as root) should do the trick. Also I recommend upgrading to at least F-7.
>> >FC5 is old and unsupported.

>> >It's not new. It's just that to *compile* you need -devel packages.
>> >You don't need them to *run* the compiled binaries.
>>
>> I installed a libXv-devel-1.0.1-1.2.i386.rpm for FC5, can that
>> version be used for RC2?
>
>Yes.
>
>> $ rpm -q libXv-devel
>> libXv-devel-1.0.1-1.2
>>
>> I rebuilt the RC2 source, but still no video frame, and same errors in
>> the output.
>
>How have you rebuilt it? What does the build log say?

Thanks Dominik, I managed to fix it. Sorry for not enabling to upgrade
my FC5. It is my home PC, but I use the same version in my work place,
I have to keep the FC5 at my home.

Anyway, the reason I have to upgrade the MPlayer from RC1 to RC2 is
that I could not play a DVD movie, if I specify -fs, it repeats the
same content in three columns. If I specify -fs and -vo x11, it fixs
the three columns ghost, but the video frame is reduced to a small
screen. The audio then choked and the packets dropping:

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8251789 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec
failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
a52: CRC check failed!
a52: error at resampling

I posted the above errors weeks ago and people on the list advised me
there was bugs in rc1 and asked me to upgrade to rc2. But, it runs the
same error as in rc1 (I installed rc1 in an RPM binary file).

Any advice please?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim