[MPlayer-users] Blank screen on MPlayer-1.0rc2

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Feb 24 12:01:28 CET 2008

Hi!

yh <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, the reason I have to upgrade the MPlayer from RC1 to RC2 is
> that I could not play a DVD movie, if I specify -fs, it repeats the
> same content in three columns. If I specify -fs and -vo x11, it fixs
> the three columns ghost, but the video frame is reduced to a small
> screen.

Again, you failed to provide full output of mplayer.

So let me guess: ./configure neither enabled gl nor xv, these are usually the
recommended vo's.
Please try:
make distclean
./configure
Read configure.log to find out what's missing to autodetect gl and/or xv support.
Install the missing devel libs and run configure again until gl and/or xv
support are enabled.
Compile.
Enjoy a working fast mplayer.

Carl Eugen