[MPlayer-users] Font download

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 1 11:56:21 CET 2008

On 31 Dec 2007, at 12:31, Chris Arnold wrote:

> I get this error in mplayer on suse 10.3 from packman repo:
> "New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
> Please supply the text font
> file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf)."
> The solution is to download the face package from the mplayer website
> and place in into the ~/.mplayer folder. I do not see this on the
> mplayer site. Can someone directed me to where this font package is?

I believe that any truetype font can be used for the subtitles. Like
Krzysztof - and I suspect most people - I use a symlink to those
already installed by my distro.

On the MythTV-usres list someone yesterday posted this link, which
might be useful:
<http://www.tiresias.org/fonts/screenfont/about_screen.htm>
Download:
<http://www.tiresias.org/fonts/fonts_download.htm>