[MPlayer-users] A 1:1 rendition, please

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:37:04 CET 2008

> and it's not clear yet whether his older version was still one that
> defaulted to 4:3 monitor aspect

I think we can assume it is.

> Hmm, but since 16:9 seemed to work for
> him, I suspect OP has a very strange monitor size/resolution combo
> going..   I apologize if this was asked, but what kind of screen is
> being used and at what resolution?

Nothing special at all - a Dell 2405FPW, which is a very standard 24"
widescreen with a native resolution of 1920x1200, at which I am driving it.
The monitor aspect is therefore 16:10.

My main concern is with the possibility of small rounding errors causing the
video to become minutely scaled, causing a loss of resolution.

Phil