[MPlayer-users] Blu-Ray Playback/Subtitles

galenz at zinkconsulting.com galenz at zinkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 17 20:16:22 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Nan Null wrote:

> [...]

There are serious technical/cryptographic issues associated with that!
In other words, it may never happen, at least not reliably. I don't
know if you're making fun of me, or if you're serious, but either way,
my point stands.

Subtitle extraction, given that Blu-Ray uses an MPEG-2 transport
stream variant for data storage, does not seem too far-fetched.

Parsing text is much easier than cracking encryption and re-
implementing a complex application runtime environment.

-Galen