[MPlayer-users] thank you for help, (2) more questions please

Ant Lamp ant.lamp at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 02:13:46 CET 2008

Hello, ok, let's say I run mplayer on a video.  It opens a new Window
up at its defeault Window size, like 720x540.  ON my large monitor,
I can grab the Window and scale it up to 1284x922.  I would like
to do this not manually, but from command line.  When I try this
it doesn't go past a certain point,

mplayer -vf crop=1284:922

in fact, it just opens up at 720x540 again :(

however... get this, if I try

mplayer -vf crop=400:300

bang.  It opens in a smaller window, and apparently it accepts that. !

What can I do to have it open at 1284x922, without manually
dragging the first rendered window open? :)

----
separately, Can someone please explain how the -idle command
works?  Does it have any purpose in Windows environment?  I
mean, if I run:
mplayer -idle

It will sit there after displaying the  MPlayer detection and intro
stuff... and sit there.  I think it is idling... but how in fact do I
send commands to it from Windows?  Is it somehow from
another dos shell or some other procedure?  Please clue me in.

Thank you very much for clearing these issues up.

Most Sincerely,
ANT-LAMP.