[MPlayer-users] Mplayer Glitch In Playing, please help

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:02:11 CET 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:08:00 -0800 (PST)
Sara Glade <saraglade at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello, when I play a video, for some reason, there is a brief flicker
> of the last video I had just played at the beginning of the play....

Unplug your computer for a couple minutes between videos...

That last frame is stored in your videocard's overlay frame buffer.
Even shutting down your computer won't get rid of it (I tested that
myself), as the video card still gets power.

In theory, you could modify MPlayer not to display the (overlay)
window until after the first frame of the new video has been sent to the
card.  Or you could use MPlayer, or some other app, to write a single
black frame to the buffer, without opening any window, so at least that
first frame would be black instead of something intelligable.