[MPlayer-users] Mencoder fails: Cannot initialize video driver

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:23:44 CET 2008

Thanks for the hints guys. Is it neccessary to type in the fps for all encoding or just x264?

You'll have to forgive me here, I am REALLY new to mplayer commands as I used to just use AcidRip to do the dirty work for me. It's only now that its broken because of changes that I have been forced to move into this area, although it was a project I was looking at for the future. The commands I have put here are doctored from AcidRip so that I could get something to work.

The version I have here is simply the latest port from freshrpms so I don't know.

What I would really like is some answers to the queries I have, this way I could narrow the problem down myself as well. I have put myself on a really steep learning curve, but I learn pretty fast so I can handle it.

Can someone tell me what a decent minimal bitrate on x264 is? I used to just let it work it out itself (which is how it used to work in AcidRip) so I'm not sure...

Also what is the video out driver when using mencoder?

And what is the colorspace its talking about? I researched on mpeg pes but it didn't clarify what the colorspace was, and nothing is around on the net to tell me either. Also, how do you set it in the commandline?

I have many questions like a 2 year old kid I know, but I've read the manual and I'm trying to get my head around it all so some real experience would be very helpful.