[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: How to encode a CBR MPEG2 Transport Stream?

Fabio Porcedda fabio.porcedda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:57:48 CET 2008

Hi all,
i want to encode a Constant Bit Rate Transport Stream, but i
successfully encoded only VBR MPEG2 Transport Stream.

There is an option for encoding CBR TS instead of VBR TS?

CBR TS are VBR with null packets (PID = 0x1FFF).

I used the muxrate option but seems don't change anything for me.

For transcoding to a MPEG 2 - Transport Stream (DVB-T compliant)  i use:
mencoder <input-video> -o <output-video>.ts -ovc lavc -oac lavc -of lavf \
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=<rate>:acodec=mp2 -vf
scale=720:576 -ofps 25

I need this for DVB-T playout.
Sample of CBR MPEG2 Transport Stream is this:
http://www.dododge.net/roku/hd-test-streams/mpt-smart-travels-classical-clip.ts
(http://www.dododge.net/roku/ts-samples.html)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bud english.
Fabio Porcedda