[MPlayer-users] Next rc or 1.0 anyone

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:47:26 CEST 2008

Nan Null <hovh03 at yahoo.com> writes:

> The biggest problem is not seeing a value in a good coordinated
> release.  There's a science to release a piece of engineer.  It's no
> secret.  One way maybe better than another, but not doing it at all
> is just reckless.

You're dragging this back on the personal level, which is pretty much
fruitless. I'd recommend restraining from making such comments.

Everybody obviously agrees that regular release cycles would be good
to have. It's rather about the price it'd cost and how to minimize it,
just to start it off. As soon as procedures are established and
working, the rewards in form of positive feedback etc. will likely be
motivation enough to continue.

Finally, while I don't know on what "big projects" you have been
working on, please remember that open source works differently from
corporate projects. Effective scm plays a crucial role here,
especially since it's usually that hard to bring ppl together.