[MPlayer-users] Subtitle timeouts

Stefan Bird manannon at seatiger.org
Sat Jul 19 17:27:07 CEST 2008

Hi there. I've noticed that mplayer and mencoder seem to have a "timeout" on
subtitles. It will only display a subtitle for a maximum of 6 seconds, even
though the subtitle file specifies a duration longer than this.

Is there a way to override this behaviour? I have created some subtitles that
I want to burn into a movie and I want some of them to be displayed for
longer than the 6 seconds.

I have attached a subtitle file which shows this behaviour.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan