[MPlayer-users] Any way to get Xv playback without tearing on fglrx?

Thu Jul 24 10:54:21 CEST 2008

Hi Reimar Döffinger!

 On 2008.07.23 at 18:55:42 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote next:

> I seriously doubt that 8.5 will work with HD4850 cards, and I don't
> intend to try. I do not care too much, I can still swap in for my
> previous card if it bothers me too much (I actually had intended to
> use both together, but the whole driver situation is so f* up that
> you can't properly use a ATI and an NVidia card together on _any_ OS).

What? Even on linux?
What about using opensource drivers? You won't get working 3D on ati
though..

> I am still using the 8.6 driver since that is the latest Gentoo has
> available right now (helpfully, the Gentoo version number is 8.501 -

That's internal (old) numeration
4.3 - 8.471, 4.4 - 8.476, 4.5 - 8.493, 4.6 - 8.501, 4.7 - 8.512

> though I have seen similar confusion in the Debian packages).
> And since we are at it: does someone know how to download the ATI
> drivers in a browser without JavaScript? That was yet another point for

You don't need javascript.. I always use wget. Like,
wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run
(you can also use https)

If you forget the link, there is usually announcement about new driver
release at phoronix.com with direct link

--

Vladimir