[MPlayer-users] Is it bug, or my linux OS (sound/video drivers) misconfiguration ?

Igor dimedrol at sviblovo.ru
Mon Jul 28 02:31:07 CEST 2008

Thank you!

I disable pulseaudio plugin for alsa:
# cd /etc/alsa/
# mv pulse-default.conf pulse-default.conf.disabled

Now alsa working properly!

I change mplayer preferred "ao" to alsa:
# tail -n2 /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
#ao=pulse,alsa,
ao=alsa,

Now mplayer work properly! (frame-by-frame = ok for all my videos), and
firefox + adobe flash plugin = no conflict with mplayer for oss device /dev/dsp

My problem is resolved.

Probably the following will be interesting for someone:
if i set mplayer "ao" to oss,
AO: [oss] 16000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
then frame-by-frame not working (as i write in my first post) for only one my file
http://dimedrol.sviblovo.ru/taina_upravlenia_chelovechestvom.avi ,
but working for any other my videos.
And after playing flash video in firefox (youtube), oss become locked (until firefox restart):
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound

--
Igor