[MPlayer-users] ASS move jerks

Damien Thébault damien.thebault at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:29:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm using mplayer to view .ass subtitles, and I'm noticing that it
seems to be a problem with moves.
The text movement is not really fluid, it's not visible most of the
time, but sometimes it's really obvious.

For example, with the joined file, the text is not moving fluidly, it
makes "jerks".
I mean, it stays at some place, then jumps, then stays again, and so on.

I don't know, maybe it's my configuration, what may cause this?
Font hinting? How to disable it if it's the cause?
Or maybe libass?

If someone has an idea about this, please share :p

Regards,
--
Damien Thebault