[MPlayer-users] dvdnav problem

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 18:03:16 CEST 2008

* Krzysztof Duchnowski on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 at 17:41:57 +0200

>>> So, right now dvdread is externally updated and compiled but from
>>> mplayer svn, right (it's no longer an part of the dvdnav tree but
>>> it have it's own tree)?
>
>> it's part of the dvdnav tree
>
> more like part mplayerhq tree because it's outside the dvdnav directory

ermh, now I'm completely confused. If you checkout libdvdnav
there is src/libdvdread/.

>>> But it could be nice to know that such a change was happen.
>
>> it's in DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt

And as far as I understand the above:

|Now download dvdnav from MPHQ (dvdnav includes its own version of dvdread):
|$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav
|$ cd libdvdnav
|$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
|(or, if you feel brave and want to help us improve the new build system)
|$ ./configure2 && make
|install it as root with
|$ make install
|
|From within the MPlayer source tree run
|$ ./configure --disable-dvdread-internal
|followed by your preferred parameters.
|Be warned that you *MUST* disable MPlayer's internal copy of dvdread or something

one should use libdvdnav's libdvdread to get libdvdnab
functionality. Or not?

puzzled

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/