[MPlayer-users] Bug? AVS source not reporting YUY2 file correctly?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 19 22:44:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:19:51PM -0400, Nicolas Hesler wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > MPlayer supports only YV12 as input for avs and will append the
> > appropriate conversion filter.
>
>     * Is that by design?

That's simply how it is. It is not a bug if that is your question.

>     * Why is AVS support in ffmpeg different from Mplayer?

I don't know what you actually want to ask with that, like that the best
answer is "why not"? MPlayer and FFmpeg are different programs after
all.

>     * It doesn't seem to make mention of a color space conversion in the
>       output. Am I missing something?

The conversion is added to the AVISynth script so you won't see anything
about it in the MPlayer output.