[MPlayer-users] gmplayer memory corruption

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:15:21 CET 2008

Jan Sanchez pisze:

> Hi, I tried the latest svn ( and several others before that) and I got a
> problem running gmplayer. Whenever I run it I get this memory corruption
> error:

> *** glibc detected *** gmplayer: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):
> 0x08b68c88 ***

> I am attaching the backtrace and memory map that were automatically created.
> When this error happens, I have to kill gmplayer process.
> Mplayer just works fine, only the gui version has got that problem. I am
> using Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy (32bit). Is this a known issue?

Do you using "Ater" or "Terminator3" skin? I had these same problems
with them which started a week ago. Now I use "slim" skin but I've
tested other skins and this is list of skins that works for sure (tested):
Abyss
Blue
Blue-small
brushedGnome
neutron
OSX-Brushed
OSX-Mod
productive
proton
slim

Maybe some other skins don't work anymore?
List of sikns that crashes nevest SVN MPlayer:
Ater
Terminator3

Please add your skin.

If you want to change the skin for your GMPlayer then edit the file
"~/.mplayer/gui.conf" and especially line 'gui skin = "skin name"' -
note, that you must have installed new skin already before edition.
If MPlayer is compiled without "--prefix" option then skins are in
"/usr/local/share/mplayer/skins" directory, and if with "--prefix=/usr"
then skins are in "/usr/share/mplayer/skins".

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/