[MPlayer-users] wrong encoding with delayed sound

Seweryn Walentynowicz seweryn at walor.torun.pl
Mon Mar 3 15:23:11 CET 2008

 Thanks for your response,...

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 11:30:58PM +0100, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
> It's because audio is encoded with external library (LAME) and video is
> encoded with internal ffmpeg library. Sometimes adding "-noskip" and
> "-mc 0" works out the problem but sometimes even that wont work.
> But... it's workaround:
>
> mkfifo audio.fifo
> mplayer movie.rmvb -vo null -ao pcm:file=audio.fifo & lame --preset 128
> audio.fifo audio.mp3
> mencoder movie.rmvb -audiofile audio.mp3 -oac copy -ofps 25 -ffourcc
> DX50  -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1000 -mc 0 -o movie.avi
> rm -f audio.fifo
   ... but it didn't work :o(
 I try even extract audio as pcm to ordinary file, compress it externally
to mp3 and join into encoding file with -audiofile option. Just like the
others, works fine on PC, delayed on stationary player.
  My next idea was, that reason of this problem lies in not equal
interleave. In my test 2 min avi was 3001 frames of video, and 4590
chunks of audio. I don't know how to force mencoder to using 1:1
interleave while muxing, so I use transcode to remuxing avi with this
same count of frames and audio chunks. That not helped at all.
 Any other suggestion ?

--
       Seweryn Walentynowicz
       S.Walentynowicz at walor.torun.pl