[MPlayer-users] a command-line iTunes playlist parser to mplayer

billy web at doubleyoucue.com
Wed Mar 26 18:14:21 CET 2008

Sorry this might be a little off-topic, but it does 'use' mplayer.
I wrote a little command-line Python script that will read and search
an iTunes playlist (or it's entire library), and then return that list
for play in mplayer. Or you can export it as a m3u file.
I like using iTunes to organize my mp3 collection, but when I just
want to find a particular song or album I hate having to open up the
beast.
It's a little rough around the edges but I hope someone finds it useful...
http://array.doubleyoucue.com/beejay

-billy.