[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing DV/DVCPRO .mov files

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:43:46 CET 2008

I am having trouble playing NTSC DV .mov files exported form Final Cut
Pro.   I have tested 4 different files, and in all cases the audio
gets badly out of sync within seconds and usually stays about .5 - .8
seconds out of sync.  In one case, there is a 5 second scene which is
never displayed.   The output codec being used is ffdv, and nothing in
the stdout suggests there is a problem (other than the  A/V sync).

The files play fine using FFplay version SVN-r11556.  I have tested
this with MEncoder and MPlayer dev-SVN-r25957-4.1.3 on Ubuntu, and
MPlayer  dev-SVN-r26278-4.0.1 on OS X 10.5.  The results are identical
in all cases.  I am almost certain I have used MPlayer to successfully
play back Quicktime dv movies in the past.

Any ideas?

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer