[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 10

Mike Z zimcomm at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 12:15:30 CEST 2008

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:26:14 +0800
> From: Ulion <ulion2002 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] AC3 via optical out on Mac Mini
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug reports"
> 	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> 2008/5/5 Mike Z <zimcomm at hotmail.com>:
> >

> >  > OK, your mplayer version isn't the newest, indeed, the code to support
> >  > of ac3 output on macosx was commited just after the 1.0rc2 timestamp.
> >  > But you can found the usable version of mplayer in the MPlayer OSX
> >  > 1.0rc2 in the mplayer's download page, it use some later code of
> >  > mplayer, and have many very useful improvements.
> >  >
> >  > --
> >  > Ulion
> >
> >  Grabbing the latest source I was able to have success.  I must have gotten an old copy by mistake.  Thanks!  For the help of
> >  other Mac folks...
> >

> >  download: http://www3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/rel...apshot.tar.bz2
> >
> >  bunzip2 mplayer-export-snapshot.tar.bz2
> >
> >  tar -xpf mplayer-export-snapshot.tar
> >
> >  cd mplayer-checkout-2008-05-04/  (or the date from yours)
> >
> >  ./configure --disable-x11
> >
> >  make
> >
> >  mv mplayer ~/bin
> >
> >  rehash
> >
> >  mplayer -ao macos -afm hwac3 -channels 6 Video.avi
> >
> >  I can't explain why, but I did not have success with the Mac GUI build from the site.  I tried both the "latest" and the 080327 downloads.  Other folks have indicated success with those, I cannot explain why I did not, but when I did my own compile it did.
>
> Please stop post new topic, you should 'reply'.
> About your problem, I suggest you use the MPlayer OSX 1.0rc2 package
> on mplayer's download page.
> And you can use your own build of mplayer to overwrite the one in the
> internal of the MPlayer OSX.app, the path is
> MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
> for you.

a) as I said in the previous message, the Mac OS X package did not work for me
b) I was not replying b/c I subscribe to the list in digest format, I thought replying would make it hard to track the thread, but as you asked, this time I have replied, however now I suspect the subject line will be corrupted.