[MPlayer-users] AC3 via optical out on Mac Mini

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 05:26:14 CEST 2008

2008/5/5 Mike Z <zimcomm at hotmail.com>:

>  > OK, your mplayer version isn't the newest, indeed, the code to support
>  > of ac3 output on macosx was commited just after the 1.0rc2 timestamp.
>  > But you can found the usable version of mplayer in the MPlayer OSX
>  > 1.0rc2 in the mplayer's download page, it use some later code of
>  > mplayer, and have many very useful improvements.
>  >
>  > --
>  > Ulion
>
>  Grabbing the latest source I was able to have success.  I must have gotten an old copy by mistake.  Thanks!  For the help of
>  other Mac folks...
>

>  download: http://www3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/rel...apshot.tar.bz2
>
>  bunzip2 mplayer-export-snapshot.tar.bz2
>
>  tar -xpf mplayer-export-snapshot.tar
>
>  cd mplayer-checkout-2008-05-04/  (or the date from yours)
>
>  ./configure --disable-x11
>
>  make
>
>  mv mplayer ~/bin
>
>  rehash
>
>  mplayer -ao macos -afm hwac3 -channels 6 Video.avi
>
>  I can't explain why, but I did not have success with the Mac GUI build from the site.  I tried both the "latest" and the 080327 downloads.  Other folks have indicated success with those, I cannot explain why I did not, but when I did my own compile it did.

Please stop post new topic, you should 'reply'.
About your problem, I suggest you use the MPlayer OSX 1.0rc2 package
on mplayer's download page.
And you can use your own build of mplayer to overwrite the one in the
internal of the MPlayer OSX.app, the path is
MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
for you.

--
Ulion