[MPlayer-users] CDDA seeking fails

Tobias Jakobi liquid.acid at gmx.net
Sun May 18 01:13:20 CEST 2008

Hi there,

another problem with mplayer SVN revision 26753. I can't get seeking to
a specific track to work.

I know that @ and ! are mapped to the seek_chapter function. This sort
of works, but not without giving me an insame amount of error messages
in the console.

The thing is that I usually start a CDDA with
mplayer cdda://:4

According to some older mailing list entry mplayer should now support
seeking to a specific CDDA track (by using seek_chapter). I tried that
out today, resulting in this:
!!! read_filepos differs!!! report this bug...

At lot of these...

That's when starting playback in track 1 and then doing a seek to the
next track. Also this seek does NOT work, it simply keeps playing back
in the same track. What works is issue a seek_chapter command, then
afterwards doing a normal seek +10, this seems to reposition the file
pointer (or whatever) to the correct position.

I could do a hotfix and issue a seek_chapter cmd together with a seek +1
cmd, but that would be rather hackish and playback would then start into
the new track (that's not what I want).

Any ideas?

Greets,
Tobias Jakobi