[MPlayer-users] Still not able to use pchdtv-3000 card

C W cphilw at gmail.com
Sun May 18 01:22:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:53:57 Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
>On Thursday 15 May 2008 17:41:24 C W wrote:
>
>> >did you try dvbstream from dvbtools.sf.net ?
>> I tried downloading dvbstream, and compiled it, but I don't
>> understand how to use it.  I don't know what I'm supposed to use
>> for a pid.  Should I have -vsb 8 or -vsb 16?
>
>it depends on how the broadcaster is transmitting.
>google for the tuning parameters.
>When you find the right parameters you can also fill in
>you ~/.mplayer/channels.conf as explained in DOCS/xml/en/video.xml
>and run mplayer alone:
>
>mplayer dvb://
>

>> Should I have azap
>> running in a separate window?
>
>yes
>
>> When I tried it, it didn't complain,
>> but it didn't produce a dump file either. This was version v0.7.

Funny thing, I was verifying that I would get an empty file if I did 'cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > dump.ts', and I got some data!  Mplayer couldn't
read it.  I only let it run for a few seconds, and stupid me, I deleted it
and tried it again, and, it came up empty!  It's been coming up empty every
time since!

(I did try 'mplayer dump.ts' before deleting and mplayer couldn't read it.)

I'm afraid I still don't get dvbstream.  I noticed that when I start azap,
before it scrolls off the top of the screen, it provides a couple of pid
values, and I tried them with dvbstream, but still nothing good  that I
could see came of it.

It seems to me the crux of the problem is not being able to read dvr0, and I
have to ask if that really has anything to do with mplayer? If it isn't in
mplayer's domain, then I should get it straightened out elsewhere,  and
leave you folks alone, especially sine  xine and MeTV still work fine with
the card so it's more an annoying mystery than a must fix situation.