[MPlayer-users] Encoding a vob file in several files, automatic splitting ?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun May 18 13:28:30 CEST 2008

Steph wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a got a lot of VOB files, that I've already encoded in X264, but
> now I must split the results in small sequencies to make my film....
Do you have to split the x264 or the vob files ?
X264 in mp4 container can be split with mp4box
Mpeg2 in VOB can be split with ffmpeg -ss 00:00:00 -vframes 25 if its
PAL or 30 if its NTSC and of course multiples of that. By working with
vframes you always will be sure to end before the next key frame.
Audio has to be done separately, because there will always be + or -
delay between audio and video.

Henk Schoneveld
and