[MPlayer-users] SBTVD Streams

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Sat May 24 11:28:45 CEST 2008

Il Saturday 24 May 2008 00:10:00 Reimar Döffinger ha scritto:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 06:39:07PM -0300, Marcelo N. Boufleur wrote:
> > Did you try sample two as well? It has two AAC audios for the first
> > program (HD), plus another H.264 Baseline program for mobile...
>
> Audio with ID 275 does not work. It uses LATM versionA and a comment in
> the code says "//dunno the payload format for versionA", seems like
> someone might be lacking some specifications.

I could never find a specification for this versionA; additionally
LATM syntax is too stupid to permit the identification of false
positive and negatives: it's too error-prone

> Though that does not seem to be the real issue, switching to that stream
> at a later time via '#' plays it fine. So the main issue seems to be
> that libfaad2 is exceedingly crappy code and the LATM part is not that
> much better.

in Rome eat like Romans :)
well, one solution could be assigning fourcc LATM to the audio
stream in order to tell the decoder to always wait for a correct
LATM frame, rather than trying to identify the other possible syntaxes.
This would of course break -oac copy, but it's a minor issue anyway.
What do you think about it?